CREATIVE LIQUIDS

Melding science and art to create liquid miracles!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Topping Off the Labor of Love

Welcome back to Off The Hinge Brewing!  Sorry for the delay.  I won't bore you with details.  I have been enjoying my volunteer position at the U-Brew Home Brew Shop.  I can not get enough of the beer world.
Soaking the bottles
Prep
Dissolving the corn sugar
Tracey and I bottled our IPA!  Unfortunately, the final gravity was 1.018.  I had miss calculated the  hydrometer.  I thought it was 1.016, which was very close to what I was striving for.  I am quite upset, yet the beer taste good and I like the body.  I knew I mashed too high!  It smells delicious...and the taste.  Grapefruit and pine are what I got out of it.  It was a bit bitter, however it should will mellow when it conditions in the bottle.


Ready for fillin'                   
 
Red Lightning

 
There she is

The cold side of this beer was a touch problematic, first off, the reading was off (user error) and the cascade hops I planned on dry hopping with smelled of cheese (not in a good way).  The bottling aspect was smoother than usual.  Now we must wait another 2 - 3 weeks!  Remember to drink good beer responsibly and be merry. Cheers!
Magic time





No comments:

Post a Comment