CREATIVE LIQUIDS

Melding science and art to create liquid miracles!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Update

Welcome back to Off The Hinge Brewing!  Not much has been brewing up except the common cold and the old familiar pangs of the day job, however I felt the need to update you all on what has been  happening with OTHB.

First off, "Beach Bum Red" is bottled and conditioning!  The final gravity hit 1.010 and I expect a crisp clean finish.  I had to test it uncarbed as per usual, and it tasted promising.  I think I should have dry hopped it to add to the aroma, however I think it will be fine.  I can't help myself I always want to dry hop, I am a hop head.

Secondly, OTHB garden is near complete with three hops, Cascade, Chinook and Zeus.  I just transplanted a lavender plant into the box that Tracey donated to the cause.  This project is exciting and the hops are already bolting skyward.  Next, I need to find where to get some barley and a few other brewing ingredients.

Testing the scent of the hops!
Lastly, Just dry hopped and transferred "Stars and Bars Polly Olly."  I had a 1/4 of an ounce of Mosaic and 1 3/4 ounce of Centennial.  I am sad to know that the UBrew is out of Mosaic hops for the year.  The beer smells like peaches and very floral.

I am in need of a brew session!  Well, that is it for now.  Remember to drink good beer responsibly and be merry!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment