CREATIVE LIQUIDS

Melding science and art to create liquid miracles!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cedar Inspiration

Welcome back to Off The Hinge Brewing!  Spring has sprung forth my hop shoots.  This will be my second year growing them.  I feel it is time to step up and grow a full off the hinge garden.  I am thinking about planting barley, rhubarb, lavender, lemongrass, and jalapeno's .  I would love to hear your suggestions on other items.

I was not super content on where my plants grew last year, so Tracey and I took a drive to Mr. Plywood and got some rough cedar boards for the new garden box.  Eight foot boards will fit into a Toyota Camry, but it does require ingenuity.  So, on I went with my katzenjammer.  The garden box is now complete and ready for the next stage, but that will have to wait till tomorrow...

Recently, I have been coming across great tasting cedar beers.  The smell from cutting the cedar was so pleasant that I decided cedar beer is in my future.  I am taking a small break (next week?) until I can free up some room for more beer.


Cutting some 4 by 4
Assembling the side

The last screw

Audrey the best chicken ever
UPDATE:  The Whirlpool Wheat is a great tasting tropical beer with hints of peach, papaya, blueberry and passion fruit.  I am in love with Mosaic hops.  The Funny Little IPA turned out okay, but I thought it was a bit too sweet, however everyone at the brewers collective seemed to like it.  I think next time I will try to mash lower.  Well that is it for now, I will keep you up to date on the garden.  Remember to drink good beer responsibly and be merry.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment