CREATIVE LIQUIDS

Melding science and art to create liquid miracles!

Friday, April 12, 2013

OTH Brewer's Garden Almost Complete

Welcome back to Off The Hinge Brewing!  The Garden is coming along and the hops are growing like crazy!  Today I set up some coarse twine for the hops to grow up.  It appears that the Chinook are leading the pack with Cascades in a close second and Zeus, well they are trying to keep up.  If you are interested in growing your own hops I found a cool article with several tips and info check it out at http://home.netcom.com/~dluzanp/backyard.htm



Chinook
Zeus
Cascade

OFF THE HINGE ESTATE HOPS

Stars & Bars Polly Olly is bottled and conditioning.  This was one helluva time.  Murphy's Law was in full swing.  It all started when my White Sox lost a close one to the Nationals.  Damn Inter league play!  Moving on...I was not in the best mood, however I needed to bottle the beer.  So, I rushed and got everything setup in my usual way.  I filled a 750 ml bottle only to find out that the cap did not fit the top of that bottle.  I had already lost beer to the hop absorption and I did not want to pour it back  risking oxidation.  Next, I was capping a bottle when all of the sudden the neck of the bottled crumbled and shattered cutting my thumb.  Lastly, as I was tipping the last of the liquid from the elevated bucket and it fell onto the bottles knocking them over like bowling pins.  Hopefully, they will be fine.  I am just glad that it is over...  That is all for now folks, remember to drink good beer responsibly and be merry.  Cheers!   
Transferring to bottling bucket 
Bottle Tree
Stars & Bars

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly...hope the next one is easier. At least the hops look like they are growing well and I notice the coffee mug....ah what would you do without your two favorite liquids :))

    ReplyDelete