CREATIVE LIQUIDS

Melding science and art to create liquid miracles!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Still Brewing

A lot has happened since June!  Instead of rehashing all the excuses in the book as to why I have not posted any articles, I have decided it would be best to skip it and get back to the important stuff.  Yes, I am talking about beer.  I may have taken a vacation from writing, but I have been busy brewing up some killer brews.

Harvest

I took all of September and some of October off work and walked across Spain.  I kegged my fresh hop ale for Tracey (my wife) before I left.  Although, I did not get to drink it fresh, it was quite tasty when I did try the backyard brew.  My wife claims it was better early on.  I used most of the hops and barley I grew in the backyard.  It was the longest beer project I have attempted.  I have to be honest, the pay off was lackluster.  The beer was good, but that much work and care demands better than good.  I do not regret doing it, but next year I am just growing hops!

Weighing the bounty
Also, before I left Steve and I brewed a special wheat beer.  Peanut butter Jelly Time!  Guess what kind of beer?  Yes, it was a Peanut butter Jelly beer.  We bottled it when I got back and dang is it good!  When you crack a bottle the smell of a PB&J sandwich wafts into your nostrils and takes you back to grade school.  This deconstructed sandwich has a strong fruit profile up front and peanut butter toward the back.  Some people claim they only get fruit and the other half only get peanut butter.  

There is more news, but I will get to that later on.  I just wanted you all to know I did not forget about you!  I can't wait to write more on the wonders of brewing and beer!  Till next time, remember to drink good beer responsibly and be merry!
  

1 comment: